22,600 without power in eastern Ontario
EASTERN ONTARIO - Hydro One says an estimated 22,600 homes and businesses across eastern Ontario remain without electricity.
Power lines and branches were knocked down by wet, heavy snow that fell across the region on October 28.
Danielle Gauvin of Hydro One says most of the affected customers are in the Arnprior, Brockville, Winchester, Perth and Vankleek Hill areas.
She says about 60 crews are carrying out the repairs, which the utility hopes will be completed by the evening of Oct. 29.
Hydro One is also trying to restore power to about 2,700 customers in the London and St. Thomas areas of southwestern Ontario.
The first storm heading into the season delivered several centimetres of heavy, wet snow and ice that downed power lines, trees and branches.
Overnight snow also caused traffic delays in Toronto this morning as OPP officers responded to early-morning rollovers in the southbound lanes of Hwy. 400 between Hwy. 7 and Finch Ave. W.
Related News

British Columbians can access more in EV charger rebates
VANCOUVER - The Province and Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) are making it more affordable for people to install electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in their homes, businesses and communities.
B.C. residents, businesses and municipalities can receive higher rebates for EV charging stations through the CleanBC Go Electric EV Charger Rebate and Fleets programs. For a limited time, funding will cover as much as 75% of eligible purchase and installation costs for EV charging stations, which is an increase from the previous 50% coverage.
“With electric vehicles representing 13% of all new light-duty vehicles sold in B.C. last year, our province has the…